Precision Grinding Machinist
Sirois Tool is currently hiring for Precision Grinding Machinist to learn and carry on the ID, OD grinding legacy that is becoming a lost art. This candidate will work and learning with the best of the trade. Develop skills and tricks of the trade that you don’t learn from any school.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Have the ability to hold tight tolerances of +/- .0001
- Work independently
- Ability to do own set-up
- Work from verbal instructions
- Ability to work in a versatile environment
- Blue Print Reading, Math
- GD&T a plus, but not required (will train)
- Prior work experience with Universal Brown & Sharpe #13 ID/OD Grinder
- Prior work experience with a Mayford OD Grinder (helpful but not required)
Estimator/Process Planner/Process Engineer
Sirois Tool Company is looking for a motivated, self-starting Estimator/Process Planner/Process Engineer to join our Team. This position will be responsible for estimating costs for new and repeat projects based on required operations, and processes required. Candidate must possess a strong manufacturing knowledge and understanding of operations required to manufacture customer parts.
- Strong Blueprint reading ability
- Knowledge and understanding of GD&T
- Candidate must be able to work and lead in a fast-paced manufacturing environment,
- Hands-on type person, who also has the ability to communicate efficiently and provide assistance,
- Negotiation skills. (Presents, listens, seeks common ground for a win-win, and is appropriately assertive when necessary.)
- Organization and planning skills. (Quickly finds answers to questions, minimizes mistakes, properly prioritizes tasks,
- Knowledge of ISO9000 requirements
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Develop cost estimates, work instructions and bills of materials.
- Develop manufacturing processes and process order routers and operation plans/drawings.
- Reviewing of current processes, creation of work procedures and the creation of engineering methods for manufacturing.
- Ability to help find solutions to productions issues and improving overall efficiency of the shop floor
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by detailing inspection methods.
- Assist in First Articles on shop floor to validate work instructions, and process specifications.
- Work with Operations, Customer, Purchasing, and Quality Managers to develop new vendors and subcontractors
- Work with Operations, Production, and Quality Managers to assure product quality and timely delivery.
- Evaluate and recommend new processes and technologies
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Sirois Tool Co., Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sirois Tool Co., Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sirois Tool Co., Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sirois Tool Co., Inc.’s. Employee’s to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.